Lose inches without deprivation…. Ways to slash calories- Lean Breakfast,
Lunch and Dinner.
Cutting calories may seem like a daunting task, especially when you're trying to cut
hundreds of calories each day on your journey to getting lean.
Lean happens one meal at a time. As I told you, I don’t want to disrupt your current
lifestyle—just alter it by making minor, smart substitutions or changes in portion sizes.
Just remember to start small and work your way up to a new healthier way of eating.
My Lean Living ways:
- Spread your whole grain waffles with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup instead of 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter. Save 110 Top your whole grain bagel with 1.5 oz of fat-free cream cheese in lieu of regular. Save 108 calories!
- Try 1 oz. of maple turkey bacon instead of maple (pork) bacon. Save 118 Ditch the glazed donut and eat a bagel instead. Save 93 calories!
- Eat 3/4 cup oatmeal instead of 1-1/2 cups of oatmeal. Save 97 calories!
- Substitute 3 oz. of turkey sausage for a serving of pork sausage. Save 120 calories!
- Grab a small bagel instead of a medium bagel. Save 99 calories!
Lean Lunch and Dinner
- Cut a 6 oz. steak in half and take the other portion home for another meal. Save 111 calories!
- Order a skinless chicken breast instead of chicken with skin. Save 102 calories!
- Substitute a fat-free beef hot dog for a regular beef hot dog. Save 104 calories!
- Build a sandwich with1.5 oz. of deli turkey breast instead of 1.5 oz. hard salami. Save 119 calories!
- Instead of 6 oz. of crispy fried chicken with skin, eat 6 oz. baked chicken with skin. Save 102 calories!
- Choose a slice of thin crust pizza over thick crust pizza. Save 106 calories! Add vegetable toppings to your pizza order and say no to pepperoni. Save 100
- Forget broccoli cheddar soup. A 7-oz portion of vegetable soup is better. Save 119 calories!
- Enjoy 12 oz of steamed rice (choose brown rice when possible) as an alternative to fried rice. Save 96
- Unwrap your 13-inch tortilla wrap and make a sandwich on a 3-oz. whole grain bagel instead. Save 96 calories!
- Eat only half of your hamburger or sandwich bun. Save 100 calories!
— Jaime Brenkus Health Tip 14